1. Applicant must be a woman.
2. Applicant may or may not be a member of a Connecticut Junior Woman’s Club.
3. Applicant must have completed at least two (2) years of college by June.
4. Applicant can be a full-time or part-time college student.
5. Applicant can be a graduate student or nursing student.
6. Previous CJW Scholarship winners may apply.
7. A CJW club must sponsor applicant. Each CJW club may sponsor only one (1) applicant each year.
CJW clubs may accept any amount of applications and then choose one to be submitted to CJW.
If a CJW club has more than one worthy applicant, they may see if another CJW club that has no applicants would sponsor the additional applicant.
Please contact the CJW Education Chair for names of available sponsoring clubs.
8. Applications, including all necessary attachments must be submitted to the CJW Education Chair by the CJW March Board meeting.
9. Funds will be either directly distributed to the learning institution indicated on the application or distributed to the recipient after book/tuition receipts are received.
10. Scholarships will be judged based on need, scholastic ability and all around excellence. Sponsoring clubs should have contributed to Maureen Borski Scholarship
11. All application information will be kept confidential.
12. Scholarship winners will be announced at Spring Conference.
13. The scholarship winners or sponsoring clubs will receive a letter at Spring Conference confirming the amount of the scholarship along with a "Request for Payment of CJW Scholarship/Campership & Awards" (See Section 09 - L). This form must be completed by the scholarship winner and returned to the CJW Treasurer for payment within six months of winning the scholarship.
CJW CLUBS PLEASE NOTE: If an applicant wishes to have her application kept confidential from the CJW club, the applicant may submit her application directly to the CJW Education Chair with a letter from the sponsoring club.
1. Applicant must be either a current Juniorette that is completing her second year of membership or a former Juniorette that was an active member of her club for two consecutive years.
2. The two-year time period is determined by the Juniorette calendar year.
3. Applicant must be entering her freshman or sophomore year in an accredited program of higher education.
4. Scholarships are awarded based on community involvement, scholastic ability and all around excellence.
5. Previous Juniorette Scholarship winners and applicants may apply.
6. Juniorette clubs may submit all eligible applications received.
7. Applications, including all necessary attachments, must be submitted to the CJW Juniorette Chair by March Board meeting
8. Scholarship winners are announced at Spring Conference.
9. Clubs sponsoring Marie Bates Scholarship applicants must have made a monetary donation to the Juniorette scholarship fund during the current fiscal year.
10. Awarded funds must be paid directly to the learning institution on the application or dispersed to the winner upon submission of receipt of payment for tuition or books.
11. Funds must be dispersed within 6 months of the award date as per Juniorette Section.
12. All application information will be kept confidential.
PLEASE NOTE: If an applicant wishes to keep her application confidential she may submit it directly to the CJW Juniorette Chair.
The Paulie Magera Award was established in 2003 in memory of CJW Director Evelyn Magera’s son who passed away that year. The purpose of the fund is to provide financial assistance to adults/children who are intellectually disabled. The funds are awarded based on need and impact on quality of life. A portion of the fund balance will be awarded annually.
PAULIE MAGERA APPLICATION RULES
1. Applicant must be a child or adult who is intellectually disabled or a non-profit organization that helps children and/or adults who are intellectually disabled.
2. Previous Paulie Magera Award recipients may apply.
3. Each CJW club may only sponsor one (1) applicant each year.
4. Requests must be specific in nature and cannot exceed $500.
5. Applications, including all necessary attachments must be submitted to the CJW Health Chair by CJW March Board meeting.
6. The funds must be distributed within 12 months of the award date.
7. Award winners will be announced at Spring Conference.
8. Applicant must submit request for payment of CJW Award form
PAULIE MAGERA AWARD APPLICATION
Name of applicant/Organization Name
1. Description of Organization (if applicable)
2. Please attach 501(c)3 documentation
3. Amount of Request
4. Purpose of Funding (attach any information that will help evaluate your request – literature, picture, budget etc.)
5. Is additional funding necessary? If so please explain amount and source of the funding.
6. How will this request benefit the applicant?